We had one idyllic, balmy, warm morning while in the Outer Banks. I grabbed a beach chair and headed to the edge of the waves to read a book. What was I thinking? It is impossible to read a book when there is so much beauty to behold.
- The rhythmic waves gently rolling up on the beach with their soothing sound.
- The sun glimmering on the water like diamonds.
- A loon passing by me in the water and disappearing under the water for like what seemed like forever.
- A pod of dolphins (at least I think it is called a pod) frolicked, yes they were frolicking in the water right in front of me.
- A flock of about 10 pelicans flew in a single file line right above the surface of the water.
- Then as if to say, “You think that is impressive, watch this,” three pelicans flew directly above me, so close I could almost touch them. WOW!! A Pelican is quite beautiful underneath with their long wing span. They glided right over me. I was thankful they didn’t poop on me!!
- Then two black birds with iridescent feathers sauntering about two feet in front of me. And, I’m pretty sure one of them said to me, “Lady, you might want to cover those lily white legs, you just about blinded me”.
- Then, my stomach growled!!
Needless to say, I didn’t read a book!! Sometimes people ask me “How can you believe in God?” My question on a morning like this is “How could I not believe in God?” His creativity and attention to detail are stunning.
“How many are your works, Lord! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. There is the sea, vast and spacious, teeming with creatures beyond number–living things both large and small.”
Have a lovely Saturday!!